Conferences, Publications, and Speaking Engagements (Resume’ Appendix C)
● Erskine, M., and Pepper, W. 2015. Enhancing Emergency Response Management Using EDIT (Emergency Descriptive Information Technology): Facilitating Effective Emergency Communications Through a Design Science Approach. International Journal of Electronic Government Research, April-June 2015, 55-66.
● Pepper, W. 2014. An Evaluation of the Perceived Safety of Free Software in Business: The BRAFS Model. ProQuest.
● Pepper, W., and Erskine, M. 2014. EDIT Your Emergency: Communication Preparedness Using Emergency Descriptive Information Technology. 20th Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 8, 2014.
● King, R., Pepper, W., and Womble, D. 2013. Brand Beings: Creating The Best Spokesperson For Your Business. American Marketing Association Summer Marketing Educators’ Conference, August 9, 2013.
● King, R., Pepper, W., and Womble, D. 2013. I am the Brand: Is Creating a Celebrity Better than Buying one? Southeastern Marketing Symposium, February 2, 2013.
● Williams, K., Aiken, M., and Pepper, W. 2012. Time Value of Accurate Translations. Business Research Yearbook 19(1) 158-165
● Pepper, W., Aiken, M., and Garner, B. 2011. Usefulness and Usability of a Multilingual Electronic Meeting System. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology 11(5) 34-40.
●Inaugural Presenter in the 24th Annual International Academy of Business Disciplines ●AMCIS Gamification Collaboration Leader (solving non-game problems using game judgment)
●Working Papers involving Emergency Responsiveness Applications, Social Media, Software Knowledge Scores, Trust, E-commerce, M-Commerce, Metrics, Software Evaluation techniques and more available upon request
● Has been invited to speak and has spoken to the following organizations:
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS)
Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi
Delta State University
- Engage Mississippi
First United Methodist Church
Holly Springs Junior High
International Academy of Business Disciplines (IABD)
Oxford-University United Methodist Church
Students in Free Enterprise
University of Mississippi
- Volunteer Northwest Mississippi
Dr. Pepper currently speaks about the following topics
- Marksman Marketing: Engaging Your Audience and Best Clients
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Free Software* (*But Didn’t Know To Ask)
- Take Charge of Your Online Privacy!
- One of the top tools in your arsenal is the Internet. It also is the riskiest. We will discuss the best ways to limit your exposure, share only what you want to share, what tools help protect your information, and why sharing some information actually helps you. Do not worry; we also address what to do if everything goes wrong.
- A survey of recent attendees showed that the audience agreed that little was known prior to the event about their online privacy or how to control it. During the meeting they strongly agreed that the instructor heard their concerns (Q&A) about online privacy, and was organized, knowledgeable, and prepared. Finally, after the event, they strongly agreed that they now know more about their online privacy, including how to control it.
- Technology Security
- You Said WHAT? : Social Media Etiquette
To see his National Speakers Association profile, click here
To return to Main Resume, click here